So, on the message boards I frequent while I should be working (What’s Cooking on thenest.com) we’re having a baking recipe exchange. First – I’m so glad Katie put this all together because the recipe I got was awesome and everyone loved them!!! Second, I want to say that I messed up the recipe a teeny bit. It’s really easy, I just forgot that my chocolate squares were 1/2-oz while the recipe calls for x ONE oz. squares. It all worked out well for me because I’m not a huge chocolate lover (but I do love me some mint chocolate anything!!) Anyway, enough rambling -on to the recipe!
(unfortunately I was having a hard time cutting the brownies because I left them in the fridge for 2 straight days… next time I make these I’ll bring them closer to room temp before I cut!)
Christmas Mint Brownies courtesy of … ???
– melt 2 (1oz) squares unsweetened chocolate and 1/2 cup of butter in a double boiler
– let cool
– beat 2 eggs and 1 cup sugar
– add 1/2 cup flour to eggs and sugar, mix well
– stir in chocolate mixture until uniformly combined
– spread in greased 8″ square pan
– bake 20-25 minutes at 350
– Beat 3T softened butter, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 T milk, 1/2 tsp mint extract, and a few drops green food coloring
– Spread over first layer and chill
– Melt 2 (1oz) squares unsweetened (or bittersweet) chocolate with 1 T butter
– Spread over 2nd layer
– Chill, then cut into squares
** I added some shavings from the melted mint chocolate chips that I had from my peppermint bark on top for a little crunch**