Anyway, why would this year be any different? In a way it was. This was our first Valentine’s Day in our home. Because of that I could have made a nice, fancy meal but why mess with success!
For the first time on Valentine’s Day, however, I did make my own pizza, rather than calling Pizza Hut!
To be all cutsey I decided to shape the pizza like a heart. I didn’t think I would be able to because I have a hard enough time shaping the pizza dough like a pizza! I was plesantly surprised at how easy it was! I will post pictures soon… I don’t have the pictures on my work computer!
1 Trader Joes pizza dough ball (at room temp. for 20 minutes)
~ 1/4 cup marinara sauce (we don’t like a lot of sauce)
handful of pepperoni
4 slices of cooked bacon, broken in to pieces
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (desired flavor)
sprinkling of Italian Seasoning
– Preheat oven to 400
– Roll out pizza dough on a liberally floured surface
– Top with sauce
– throw on some pepperoni
– sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese
– top with remaining bacon and pepperoni
– top with remaining cheese
– sprinkle on Italian Seasoning
– Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown