This Risotto was awesome… it was Risotto, cheese, a little wine, chicken and peas. That’s pretty much it. I basically just used my standard Risotto recipe and threw in some chicken and peas… this was so easy!
The funny thing is that I’m not really a fan of peas but I added them just to please my husband because he likes them. While we were eating he asked why I put the peas in it because he didn’t like the peas in it. Ugh… boys! Oh well, it added a tiny bit of nutritional value and great color.
Creamy Chicken Risotto with Peas
(1) Cup Risotto
(3) Cups Chicken Broth
(1) clove garlic, finely diced
(1/4) onion, finely chopped
(1-2) Tablespoon/s Olive Oil
(1) Tablespoon Butter
(1/2) cup dry white wine
(1) cup shredded chicken
Frozen or fresh peas – as much as desired
(1/2) cup Parmesan cheese
S&P to taste
– Warm up broth in sauce pan and keep at a low simmer until ready to use
– Heat butter and oil in skillet/sautee pan over medium heat, adding chopped garlic and onion to cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
– Add dry rice and 1/2 of the wine to pan with garlic and onions, coating with Butter and Garlic, cooking about 3 minutes (Rice will absorb the wine)
– add ~ 1 cup warm broth to rice and stir
– keep simmering and stir often until rice absorbs most of the liquids
– add ~ 1 more cup of broth and repeat until absorbed
– add last of the broth and simmer, stirring often
– Once rice has absorbed most of the liquids add last of the wine, peas, chicken and cheese
– Simmer and stir until cheese is melted and chicken and peas are warmed up
– Serve and enjoy!