What can I say?! I love good old fashioned retro comfort food sometimes. Now, it’s so semi-homemade that I feel bad blogging about it but this right here is one of the ultimate comfort foods to me… Chicken and Stuffing Casserole. My best friends mom used to make this and I finally got the recipe about 2 years ago… I’ve since adapted it to my liking by adding cheese. I mean, come on, you can’t go wrong with adding a little cheese!!
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
adapted from Mrs. ECK (of course I’m not gonna put her name…duh!)
4 b/s chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness (I also cubed)
1 can Cream of Celery or Chicken Soup (I use celery)
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 package Stove-Top Chicken and Herb stuffing, cooked per instructions on the box)
(I add 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese)
– Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
– Place chicken in bottom of prepared dish
– In a bowl mix soup and sour cream and top on chicken (add cheese if using)
– Top with prepared Stuffing mixture
– (Top with a little extra cheese if you’d like!)
– Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is done and casserole is bubbling and golden!
Notes: this is also good when throwing in some frozen vegetables – particularly green beans!