Honey and Chicken is one of mine and my husbands favorite combinations. It’s always funny to me when we go to a grill type restaurant and one of us orders Chicken Tenders (ok, ususally both!) and ask if they have honey and the wait staff looks at us like we’ve had too many beers. Nope, I’ve had a few sips of the beer you just brought me – it’s just an awesome combination! When I saw this recipe in Molly’s blog I knew I had to try it. Not only was it simple, but it was fantastic. Can’t go wrong with that!
Oven Baked Honey Chicken Tenders
adapted from: My Happy Meals and Love Deliciousness
1/2 c. honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups dried breadcrumbs (I used WW Panko)
~ 1 lb. fresh BS Chicken Breast, cut in to bite size pieces (I cut in to tenders)
– Preheat oven to 375, line baking sheet with foil and lightly spray
– In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar. Set aside.
– Place bread crumbs in a small saute pan and toast lightly over low heat for about 3-4 minutes until lightly golden brown
– Pour bread crumbs a little at a time into separated bowl. Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in bread crumbs; place in pan
– Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly