When you want something super simple to make for a quick and delicious dinner, however fat and calories are not a concern then this is without a doubt one of the best meals to make. OMG it was fantastic and so simple. I mean, what’s not to love – chicken, pasta, cream sauce, and my favorite food in the entire world probably – PARMESAN CHEESE!!! Delish!
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma’s Fettuccini Alfredo
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
3 T unsalted butter
1 c. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
S&P, to taste
Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
1 lb. tagliatelle or fettuccini
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and thinly sliced
– In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the cream and butter to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 1 minute.
– Add 6 T. of cheese and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and season with S&P and a generous pinch of nutmeg. (Be judicious with the salt – the cheese is salty so too much added salt will throw this creamy, sweet sauce out of balance.)
– Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the boiling water, add pasta and cook until al dente. (1-3 minutes for fresh pasta, 8-12 minutes for boxed pasta). Drain well.
– Put the pasta in a warmed large, shallow bowl. Pour on the sauce, sprinkle with 6 T of the cheese and toss well.
– Top with grilled chicken and garnish with chopped fresh herbs if desired.
– Serve immediately and sprinkle with remaining cheese as desired.
Serves 4 as a main course